Saturday 20 December 2014

Hello Dolly Box





First off, no I'm not going to burst into song (although it is tempting). And secondly, I'm so excited to finally have my little paws on this cutie! 

When I first saw Kate's (DollyBowBow's) video about releasing a brand new seasonal subscription box of jewellery, I decided that this was something that I needed in my life. I've waited a while for this amazing little box to be delivered as they all get shipped out at the same time, but I can tell you that it has been so worth the wait.

When I opened up the plain black box, I thought it was lovely to see a little card from Kate with a few words about why she's picked the pieces inside. And, I'm not going to lie, the little card actually made me feel quite inspired. 

Then inside there are 5 pieces in total, 4 little understated pieces in really sweet tiny bags and a large statement necklace. Totally fabulous, especially since the box only cost me around £30 (including P&P). 


My favourite has to be the little silver bow earrings. They are just really sweet little dainty bows (of course) and are so easy to wear.

For the rose gold lovers out there, Kate has actually included TWO rose gold pieces. The first is a ring and the second a really delicate little bracelet. 


I love the ring I think it looks so good. My only issue is that as it's one size fits all (either as a proper ring or a midi ring)  struggling to know where to put it. Because I have tiny hands it's too big to wear as a midi ring, but the finger that it then feels most comfortable on is a finger that I already wear a particular ring on. But that's just me being fussy.


I've not tried on the little bracelet, which is quite a nice matching piece to the ring, but I'm sure it will be a definite staple addition to an outfit when going out with family.


There's also a necklace on a silver chain with three cute little triangles, one silver, one gold and one rose gold, which is really sweet. In fact, I don't think I've seen anything like it before really. Again another beautiful piece.


And last but not least...the statement necklace! I got very excited when I saw this gold, white and diamanté necklace, in fact I put it on straight away. It's massive but not overly heavy and looks really good with my green evening gown that I've been wearing for a Christmas cabaret performance. 


I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for her to bring out the Spring box just so I can have another one. 

Will you be trying out a dolly box? 

No comments:

Post a Comment