Tuesday 30 December 2014

Tried and Tested: Christmas Lollies


Zoella's Christmas Lollies

So, I saw Zoe's 'Quick and Easy DIY Christmas Treats' video and these totally caught my eye. I had to have a go! In fact, I specifically remember getting very excited watching these being made and vowing to my friend that I needed these in my life! So here is my attempt...


The more observant of you may have noticed that I'm using milk chocolate, whereas the original video was with white, but what can I say, I just prefer milk chocolate. And instead of using red and green sprinkles, I've used popping candy. POPPING CANDY! (I win.) 
Not going to lie, I struggled at first to find some lolly sticks. They don't regularly appear on my weekly shopping list so I had no idea. But I eventually found a pack of 50 for £2.50 in Cooks, which I didn't think was too bad.




The most difficult part of the whole thing is getting the right consistency with the melted chocolate. My chocolate was still a bit too runny really which is why it's leaked out under the candy canes so I would definitely leave it to thicken for longer than you think it will need before you start to spoon it into the candy came hearts.

(I have no apologies for the Peppa Pig mug!) 
 
So there they are. I think it would definitely take a few practice runs before these look neat and tidy but all in all an exciting little project. Well done Zoe! 

View Zoella's original video here: http://youtu.be/O5YCcyIRXog

No comments:

Post a Comment