Saturday 24 January 2015

My Face in Brushes


Whenever I fall in love with a specific new make up or hair look, I'm never overly concerned with exactly what products were used to get there, so long as I can get a general jist of colours and tones. I am always much more concerned, however, with the tricks of how the look was achieved and more specifically, the tools used! 

So I figured that I would put together a little bit of prose on a small addiction of mine. Brushes. I just love make-up brushes. No really, it's becoming a problem. At this moment in time (as you will definitely noticed from this post) I am adoring the Real Techniques brushes. So here is my face in terms of the brushes I use. 

Firstly, I love the RT brushes quite simply because they are inexpensive, fabulous quality (making them fantastic value for money) and 100% cruelty free, made from synthetic bristles. This last point is particularly important for me, I'm totally not okay with using brushes made from animal hairs.

So let's start at the very beginning: the base.




Foundation- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
I love the density of this one, it's great for applying and buffing out foundation or BB creams.
Concealer- Primark Concealer Brush 
Spot the deliberate mistake, totally not a real techniques brush?! I know, but I just love this flat brush and it only cost me about £2, so it's a winner really.
Powder- Real Techniques Powder Brush 
This one is just massive, and I love it for applying a really light covering of face powder. 



Bronzer- Real Techniques Nic's Picks Cheek Brush
I may have treated myself to the Nic's Picks box set over Christmas, and I'm so glad I did. I look at this brush and I honestly don't understand what is so special about it, but I am totally hooked! It's slightly fatter than a contour brush, so I find it perfect for adding an all over bronze.
Blush- Real Techniques Blush Brush
This one has a funny shape, the height of the brush isn't central in the bristles, it's almost sort of lob-sided but it's great for applying blush and highlighter.




Brows- Real Techniques Brow Brush
I use this brush every time I fill in my brows. The slanted tip makes creating sharp lines so simple and the longer handle makes it much less fidgety than the small brushes that often come in brow kit compacts.
Base Shadow- Real Techniques Nic's Picks Angled Shadow Brush
It's so fluffy! The head of this brush is honestly so soft and the angled edge just  the perfect shape for effortlessly applying by eye shadow base.
Crease- Real Techniques Crease Brush 
This is another very dense brush and although I wish it was easier to buff  with, it makes applying colour so easy, if not particularly precise. 

So there we are, my face in brushes...

What are your favourites? Would you recomend a different brand of brushes that you've tried?      

No comments:

Post a Comment