Thursday 18 December 2014

Christmas Glad Rags



Christmas is an amazing time. It's this time of year that even a social recluse like me has parties to go to. And having parties to go to isn't always a walk in the park...what the hell do I wear?

My Christmas go to party outfits at the moment consist of monochrome, maybe adding a flash of colour, and a statement piece of sparkle! 

I love dressing up in winter because it always feels so much more formal, whereas when you put on a maxi dress in the summer to go to a wedding or party, I don't know about you, but I still don't fully feel dressed up. 

Over the weekend we ventured out to a family Christmas party, think a big log burner, party games, Christmas food and decorations...basically, Pinterest. But it was a beautiful little night. I put together my little black and white patterned skort from Miss Selfridge (which I actually bought way back in the summer!) with a plain black New Look cami and my favourite Primark statement necklace. Teamed with opaque black tights, my black platform boots, and a bright pink lip, it was a lovely smart casual little outfit.  In fact, I may even resurrect it for Christmas Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment