Monday 18 January 2016

Struggles for Girls with Small Feet


I was reading a blog post earlier about the struggles that girls with big feet go through regularly, from Career Girl Daily, you can read it here. And although I couldn't relate to ANYTHING in it, it did make me think about a hell of a lot of small feet problems that I go through. My feet measure in at a meagre 2, I usually wear a size 3 though packed with insoles because have you tried to find size 2 shoes?! Yep, this girl's tootsies are tiny. 
Like, really. Sometimes I even buy children's shoes. Note: a massive perk of small feet. In fact I once wanted a pair of the knitted boots that were around a few years ago, I could find a pair in my size in the adult section, however I did find a cute black pair in the children's section. Complete with bright pink buttons. Winning.  
But sometimes having small feet is just a bit of a pain in the arse. So here's my small feet inspired response:
1. Small feet= small heels.
I can't wear 6 inch killer heels, quite simply because my feet are barely 6 inches long. This makes finding a good pair of heels really difficult, I have to sort of dance in the realms of heels looking a bit mumsy, unless I opt for an enormous platform. 
2. Shoes are always that bit too big. 
If I could be sponsored in life by any single company, it would be someone who makes insoles for shoes. Although, I'm not going to lie, I'm often beyond help from insoles. And let's face it tackling shoes that are obviously too big for you just makes you look a bit of a mess. I hold my hands up! Yes, that is me. Especially at 3am after a night out. "I'm not really drunk, my shoes just don't fit properly"
3. There's never anything in the sale. 
If I had a pound for every time I heard someone say 'It must be great to have small feet, there must be loads in the sale' I could actually quit my job, enrol in a shoe making course and make shoes to stick up the arses of everyone who has ever said this to me. It's a complete myth! There's barely anything left in the sale for size 2 and 3, and if there is then it's because they are freaking ugly and no one wants them.
4. Bowling.
I don't mind going bowling. In fact, bowling is great. However...when you hand in your shoes and get handed back a pair of bowling shoes that fasten with velcro instead of laces, it sort of kills off a bit of the charm. I am legit not trusted with lace up shoes because my shoe size dictates that I probably should be about 8 years old. 
5. The 'If your feet were any smaller you'd fall over' joke.
Oh F*** off.
I hope this was a little bit of a lighthearted comedic response, having little feet is great sometimes, however it can be the most frustrating thing. What are your #smallfeetproblems?

No comments:

Post a Comment