Saturday 6 December 2014

The Tree is Up!




I'm one of those people who turn from Scrooge on the 30th November to Buddy the elf at midnight on December 1st. This means that I don't listen to Christmas music, write any Christmas cards, open any Christmas cards or put my tree up until then. It sort of all happens very quickly within a few hours then.
But this year has been a bit all over the place really, I've been listening to Christmas songs for a good few weeks already (because I'm rehearsing for a Christmas Cabaret and I just couldn't resist) but I've only just put my tree up. The tree that normally goes up on December 1st every year, has had to wait for December 5th instead.


It's this time of year that I realise that my bedroom is saturated with crap that I sort of don't need but I'm not going to throw away because I might need it one day. Putting the tree up means that I have to jiggle about 20 years worth of collected possessions into a best fit so I have some room. So after a bit of a jiggle I had space up in my corner for my little friend. Bang on some Christmas songs, and we were ready to go!

Yes. My tree is pink. I first saw this little tree while out shopping with two of my really good friends, Kath and Joe. After they dropped me at home when we'd finished our shopping, they went back and bought the tree that I had been admiring. BEST FRIENDS EVER! I think all in all it cost them £10 so it wasn't an expensive tree but I love it so much regardless. 

To decorate I picked up some white and coloured LED lights (that operate with a battery pack instead of being plugged in) from wilkos a few years ago, along with the little white, silver and grey baubles. I bought the snowflake that goes on top last year but I have no idea where from. Alls that I can say is that, this little pink tree is proof that you don't have to spend much for a bit of festive tree action for a small room. I think if you add it all together the tree and decorations come to about £20ish and I just keep pulling them out year by year.

I always remember that we'd decorate the tree at home when I was little on a Saturday evening a few weeks before Christmas. Mum would put some Christmas songs on and we'd have a chilled evening decorating the tree. My mum always told me that you have to put whatever is on the top of the tree on last, I don't remember why but I stick to it every year, I guess that's the final finishing touch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment