Wednesday 24 September 2014

Help! Autumn is coming!

Autumn officially started on the 22nd September...that was Monday!

Autumn is such a good season, it starts to get all cosy, and all of the leaves go all crisp and fall off the trees, you can light candles while you cuddle and drink hot chocolate, and go for long walks- it's genuinely just pretty lovely. My birthday falls in Autumn and then just a few days later we've got Halloween (amazing- any excuse for a themed party). It's very exciting!

However, the prospect of Autumn is so scary! 1) How are we already in September? 2) How do I keep spiders from coming into my house? 3) What the hell am I supposed to wear? and 4) Autumn is one of those words that I'm never quite sure whether it has an 'N' on the end or not. What is a girl to do?
We've had an amazing summer and it's decided to stretch out into September as well which is so lovely. But the really lovely weather is just not going to last- boo hiss! And that's the problem! One thing I really struggle with is what to wear when it gets colder. I've already tidied away all of my summer clothes and pulled all of my woolly jumpers out of the top of my wardrobe, but it's like I've forgotten how to dress. I look at my wardrobe and I just can't seem to put anything together. I'm one of those people who has a massive Spring clean out so some of things that I wore last year did go to charity, so I do have a few gaps but even so, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I know that there are things that I would really love ("Hello Birthday list!") such as I'd love a parka coat with a white faux fur trim around the hood, they just look so cosy! I'm also really falling in love with light coloured faux fur coats- they just look so chic! I'd also adore a red tartan scarf, a fedora and a really chunky pair of wedged black Chelsea boots. This little wish list is all well and good but how expensive are clothes at the moment?? These things cost a lot of money. Bad times.
Literally all that I seem to be wearing is leggings at the moment (and they have a tendency to develop random pesky holes) but I don't want to spend the rest of the year in them. I just don't know how to wear other trousers though.
Last year my go-to Autumn/Winter shoes were a pair of military boots that were nearing on their 4th birthday and absolutely falling apart. So they went in the bin during my Spring clear-out. I am now bound to ballet pumps, which are less than practical when it starts to get a little cold.
I want to look all girly and Autumnal; wearing browns and burgundies and greens, but I have no idea how to do it with very little pennies and without looking like a VSP (very special person). Therefore any inspiration is very welcome. Obviously Pinterest is a first port of call. Alternatively I may be forced to employ someone to just dress me in a morning so I can be sure that I leave the house looking moderately presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment