Monday 8 September 2014

Bookworm Week: Monday


A SERIES IV'E BEEN HOOKED ON!
Divergent- Veronica Roth
Insurgent- Veronica Roth

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty late on the whole Divergent series hype and yes, I did see the film first. So shoot me. I'm a massive lover of books about dystopian civilisations and this series does not disappoint.
When I went to see the film with my mum and my sister I hadn't really heard much about the film or even seen the trailer. I wasn't expecting much. But in the end I enjoyed the film so much that I went straight out and bought the first book.

The story follows Tris Prior as she basically has to choose exactly how she wants her life to pan out, at sixteen, in front of everyone that she knows by choosing a faction. Everyone must pick their faction based on their values and aptitudes and Tris shows just how hard it can be to choose something so clean cut when your personality blurs the lines between those different factions. (And we thought UCAS was hard!) And from then onwards it's all drama and action, what more do you want?

I read the first book in about 2 days, I just loved it so much. It was super easy to read but at no point did I feel like it was really basic or boring. So I straight away moved onto the second one which twists and turns all over the place! I'm just waiting the third in the trilogy, 'Allegiant', to come out in paperback (in this design, because I'm picky). I've seen the third one in paperback in the box sets and I've seen it out in hardback but can not find it for love nor money on it's own. Alls I can say is HURRY UP I WANT TO READ THE NEXT ONE! But seriously, I definitely recommend this series as something to get your teeth into next time you want to pick up a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment