Saturday 16 April 2016

KIKO Makeup First Impressions


Apart from receiving a Kiko Eyeshadow Stick in a subscription box once, I have to admit I was a complete stranger to Kiko Makeup as a brand. I didn't know how good value for money it was, I didn't know how good quality the products would be and I didn't know whether they would be my cup of tea. 

The answers to those ponderings are:
Cheap.
Quality.
And spot on. It's the make up equivalent of an earl grey with two sugars and a spoon of milk. (Don't even start on how wrong my tea drinking habits are). 


I've been trying to use a lot more eye shadows when I do my make up, I've even been watching tutorials about it. So I picked up a couple of Kiko's single eyeshadows. The Kiko products don't have names, only numbers, so I'll try and find them and add them in at some point. But I have been glued to the very light shimmery white colour, it's perfect for highlighting your brow bone and neat ending up your brows! 


I picked up this mega bright dark pink lipstick simply because I don't have one like it already. It's creamy, easy to apply, does bleed everywhere and has a fantastic pigmented colour. 

I have to laugh sometimes at the packaging because, as funky as it is, it reminds me of something else. Absolute child. 


Lip liners? Say what? I've never been one for actually doing my lips properly. Probably why my bold lip game has never been all that strong. But I picked up a red lip liner because I wear a red lip all of the time and wanted up my game. 

I like the colour of this enough, however, I do find that it dries my lips out something rotten. Plenty of lip balm and TLC is needed. 


Lastly, this is one of their lengthening and volumising mascaras. I don't hate it but I'm also not a fan. Just don't think it really does that much. Shame.

So there was my little Kiko haul, I've enjoyed trying some of their make up as its not somewhere I've ventured before. I shall be venturing back there soon, I hope. Especially since all of this came to around £25! 




No comments:

Post a Comment