Sunday 5 October 2014

Sunday walks, good reads and PIE!

 
Sundays are usually pretty chilled for us, the last day together before the week so we like to have a potter around and a good wander. In the summer, we're all for having a drive out and an ice cream somewhere. But right now, as we're moving into Autumn we are going to have to find more weather appropriate Sunday activities. Minds out of the gutter please!
I rolled out of bed this morning without a hangover from last night's themed party. However my hair was sticking up at really random angles, but I guess you can't have it both way. I threw on my new speckled cable knit jumper from New Look and my high-waisted jeans, tied my hair in a low side plait and we were off.
There's nothing better than getting lost in a book shop on a Sunday. My  boyfriend is more of a bookworm than I am, whereas I'm far more picky. However, my class has been challenged by our acting teacher to read more books, so I made a cheeky purchase. I've decided that I'm going to work my way through 'Great Expectations', I love the story but have never read the book. And let's face it, you can't beat the classics!
Oops, we ended up in Pieminister for dinner. And it was GORGEOUS! We both had a pie called Brew Moo, which from what I gather is a steak and ale pie with bacon. It was divine. I had mine with minty mushy peas and red wine gravy. And who can resist the little bottles of Fentiman's pop, they are so cute and vintage so I snapped up a bottle of the Rose Lemonade. Cheeky indulgent dinner- done.
After our little lunch date, we had a wander around the Italian Gardens. It's so pretty. Even though it's been a bit overcast and grey, sitting amongst all of the flowers was so lovely. We decided that it might be the last time that we can sit in the gardens without a coat, I joked that next time I will probably be in a winter coat with my Uggs. There's nothing better than having a cuddle on a bench looking out over the lake and then a wander.

Our Sunday was a little bit cute. How did you spend your Sunday?

 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment