Friday 17 July 2015

Things I Learned from My Step-Mum


A girl has a lot of important people in her life, lots and lots of people that teach her about life or about herself. Yes, this includes good friends, bad friends, idiot ex-boyfriends, ex-boyfriends that it just didn't work with, work colleagues, family and everyone else we encounter along the way. But for everyone, there is a handful of people who act as an inspiration in our lives and I am very lucky to have 3 special women in my life: my Mum (who I wrote about a few months ago), my late Nana and my Step-Mum, all of whom have been important in shaping who I am today. So here's a few things that I learned from my Step-Mum...

1. Moisturise your neck- You can't start early enough in avoiding, or at least off-putting, the inevitable occurrence of chicken neck and alls it takes is to moisturise your neck and décolletage just as often as you moisturise your face. 

2. Garlic goes nicely in pretty much most things- But not in cornflakes, as she jokes. 'If you can't love me smelling of garlic, then you're not the one for me'. Garlic itself is massively good for you and full of antioxidants, it is also very tasty! This explains my order at any Indian restaurant of garlic naan bread with extra EXTRA garlic. 

3. Haemorrhoid cream is the best eye cream that money can buy- Or if not the best, then certainly the best value for money. A £3.30 tube of cream is fantastic for getting rid of and preventing wrinkles, as well as removing those really annoying tired bags from under your eyes. 

4. You've got to go for your dreams even if it means taking massive risks- My step-mum is an enormous advocate of following your dreams, however she has given me the courage to step outside of my comfort zone and risk losing from time to time on the off-chance that it will enormously pay off and you'll be one step closer to achieving those dreams. She's instilled in me a courage to not worry about being tied down to anything as I always have a choice as to what I want to do with my life and where I want it to take me. 

5. Makeup and Cosmetics- My love, and ultimately passion, for cosmetics and beauty products comes from my step-mum. She has always been a big user of different types of cosmetics and from growing up watching her apply makeup or suggesting different lotions and potions, I have grown a love of my own and now I'm a complete addict. 



No comments:

Post a Comment